Blades of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the Blades of War. We are a group of warriors who fight to the death. An unending tide of battle that will flood the 3 galaxies with death to all that stand in our way.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where r u from?

Go down 
+3
hyzary
Marek
Manhattan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Manhattan
Lord
Lord
Manhattan

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Smile Where is everyone from? Tell us where and maybe a bit about the place. If you don't know anything about it. Google or look it up on youtube. You might learn something about your own home,lol.

I personally am from Dayton Ohio, U.S.A. If you don't know anything about it or never heard of it. This is where the airplane was invented among many other things. Some people think there is something in our water that causes innovation,lol. Considering on a scale of 1-100 on drinking water quality we rate around 33 (very low) I would say if it does have anything to do with it's because we're getting high off the pollutants.

Here's a short list of inventions from my city you may have heard of.

As mention the airplane. Also a bunch of stuff to do with airplanes I won't mention such as ejection seats and what not.
artificial heart
artificial kidney
backpack parachutes
bicycle parking rack
card reader
cash register
chrome plating
digital clock
filter cigarettes <<----Bad I know. Better than non filter though right? :p
football
gas mask
ice cream cone
ice cube tray
ink jet printer
mood ring
nuclear-powered heart pacemaker <<<---Whaaaat. That's kinda cool,lol
radar detectors
safety glass
self-cooled refrigerator
space food
stepladder
two-cycle diesel engine
yo-yo

Just to name a very small % of them. I'm currently working on an invention myself, so if it works out and you end up using it. I demand you send me in game resources!! lol. jking. but seriously. Send them.

If you are interested (probably not). Here's the wiki link for Dayton. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton,_Ohio

How bout you? Where are you from? What's unique about it? Even if it's that you have a weird one arm man who plays the sax downtown.
Back to top Go down
https://bladesofwar.forumotion.net
Marek
Lord
Lord

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 am

Eh, I live in a village called Haddenham in buckinghamshire england.

Interesting stuff: We've got like 8 pubs Very Happy , and there's another village called Haddenham about a mile north of Cambrdige, which is where I currently spend most of the year, although its uni accommodation so I don't really live there Sad , it's much more interesting, especially in terms of stuff we invented (first atom was split on the new museum site, which is also where DNA was discovered, and something else happened that I've forgotten, to name a few from just one city block)
Back to top Go down
hyzary
Blade
Blade
hyzary

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 am

im from poland, but i live in a small town banbury in oxfordshire (UK) from past 2 yrs.

nothing special in that town, or maybe i will had to read some history to find something interesting;) water quality i think its still better than in big cites, but cant tell as i dint taste from diff regions.
few pub, few clubbings, 50k ppl (source wiki), quite a lot of factories in area.

but i u looking something more intersting, then oxford (15-20 min by rail) is muc more interesting, lot of shops pubs, reastaurant, history, and that kind of stuff. Wink
Back to top Go down
kehator
Rapier
Rapier

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:20 am

like hyzary I from Poland too, but I still live in Legnica city ^^ last year I think..then i will move somwere else..i prefere big city;) mayby england? who knews Smile
Back to top Go down
Forget-me-not
Blade
Blade
Forget-me-not

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Kansas City, Missouri. Home of the horrid Chiefs and the even worse Royals.
Back to top Go down
captainBob
Katana
Katana
captainBob

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Howdy all!   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 am

I'm from Dublin (i must specify the one in Ireland, as apparently, there is one in Ohio(?))

We invented the following:
the cordless extention cord,
the underwater hairdryer,
riding through courthouses on donkeys,
red rope liquorice (green was invented by the Japanese),
the can opener (two hundred years before the can was invented),
stereotypes,
santa,
the Russian alphabet,
tea,
bags,
teabags,
sunny delight,
and milk.

Fun fact about my hometown, Tallaght: we have a pub right next to Alcoholics Anonymous!
Back to top Go down
sponge
Dagger
Dagger

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 am

Don't forget the question mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where r u from? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where r u from?   Where r u from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where r u from?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blades of War :: Public Area :: Chat-
Jump to: