Blades of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the Blades of War. We are a group of warriors who fight to the death. An unending tide of battle that will flood the 3 galaxies with death to all that stand in our way.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sponge
Dagger
Dagger

Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:45 am

So I've been playing this game for a little while now. Still don't have a good idea of how to play the game, been working towards fleets and self-sufficiency mostly. At any rate, I've been basically playing around aimlessly. Any ideas on how to spice things up a little?
Back to top Go down
sponge
Dagger
Dagger

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:51 am

Well guys, I thought about it and I've decided I'll probably stop playing Imperion. You're a good crew, you'll do well, and you've treated me, one of the lowliest players in your alliance, better than pretty much any other online guild I've ever been a part of. Keep it up and you'll never have a problem recruiting and retaining good players.

For my part, I think I gave it a pretty good attempt, but I'm just not having a very good time in this game. I found the playstyle unintuitive and micromanagement heavy, which has really cramped my style. So, I'll be parting ways from Imperion. I'll check back here tomorrow to see if anyone wants my account or would like to be set up as a "long-term" sitter, otherwise I'll be putting it into vacation mode until it expires.

However, any of ya'll are free to make contact with me in O-game or ikariam. In both games my player name is paladinsponge. On O-game my server is "Barym". On Ikariam, my server is "Kappa". If you feel like trying those games out and start accounts on my servers, drop me a message if you like. We'll stay in some semblance of communication and I'll send your new empires a little something special to kickstart development.

Otherwise, take care and be safe. Thank you for the priviledge of allowing me to play with you.
Back to top Go down
hyzary
Blade
Blade
hyzary

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:56 am

i rrly would like to know every reason that makes u quit, here or on a priv, with a details. whenever u got time, and u willing to help me out a little bit.

from my experience, both games ur playing are more disadvantage than imperion. o-game and imperion is quite same, as imperion has taken from ogame quite a lot from my point of view. the most diffrence why imperion looks like is because of travian, and they shape it using travian rules, as far im thinking that hybrid works good enough.

anyway, every online game is to get some good time with it, so i wish u lot of fun on ikariam n ogame. Wink
Back to top Go down
captainBob
Katana
Katana
captainBob

PostSubject: Hey!   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Pleasure working with you!

I know this sounds like im being sarcastic, but as long as you're leaving, go out with a bang! Butch and Sundance style!
Start a fight with the most powerful player in range!
It certainly won't be boring. It's how i'd want to go!

=)
Back to top Go down
sponge
Dagger
Dagger

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:26 am

hyzary wrote:
i rrly would like to know every reason that makes u quit, here or on a priv, with a details. whenever u got time, and u willing to help me out a little bit.

from my experience, both games ur playing are more disadvantage than imperion. o-game and imperion is quite same, as imperion has taken from ogame quite a lot from my point of view. the most diffrence why imperion looks like is because of travian, and they shape it using travian rules, as far im thinking that hybrid works good enough.

anyway, every online game is to get some good time with it, so i wish u lot of fun on ikariam n ogame. Wink

Basically, it boils down to the fact that I play games for fun. My tastes in gameplay are generally more immersive than twitch, so RPG's and strategy games over FPS's. Of course, the social aspect make playing twitch games more approachable for me, smash brothers brawl with a bunch of drunken friends or Call of Duty with coworkers on Xbox for instance.

Obviously, plenty of other people, yourself included, are pleased with Imperion. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But for me, I find it too interactive for what I was looking for in a browser-based game. My biggest gameplay/interface problem was when I started to get into raiding for resources, which as Hatty pointed out is the fastest means of improving in the game. The multiple fleets from multiple planets with multiple plans, it felt like I was managing one account for each planet.

Don't get me wrong, I've never seen a browser-based game with as much depth and complexity as this one (including Travian, which I also quit), but the designers excluded people like me from their target audience. By setting it up the way they did, I could easily spend the time it takes to launch a raid and have the fleet return in doing other things in game, sending other fleets, and learning about new aspects of the game. Lotta depth. The downside of depth and complexity is that it takes a lot of time too.

Unfortunately, as I said, I am not the target audience of this game. I'm a grown-ass man who works at a grown-ass job. When I'm off-duty, I enjoy the pleasure of putting up holiday decorations, chasing kids off my lawn, and coffin shopping. When I do have the time that this game requires to be successful, I'd rather be playing Xbox, exercising, or chasing younger women. Not necessarily in that order.

Point is, I have other options that I derive greater pleasure from than this game. I've been on for a month or two juggling between them all, testing things out. At this juncture, I've gathered enough experience with this game to be able to render a judgement. For me, it is more work and not enough reward. Granted, if I didn't have video games, cultural events, friends, work, books, movies, etc., I'd probably be all in for Imperion. But this game is competing against my other interests and during this pilot attempt, the other interests have a better hold on me.

Now, to kick back over to the issues you brought up regarding O-game and Ikariam, I should also include that I have a semi-active account on eRepublik. You're right, I initially liked Imperion because it started out with the tools and complexity of my O-game account, which took about three months of work before it reached just-filled-out-the-registration-form Imperion levels of interactivity. Ikariam was similar as well.

The thing is, in both Ikariam and O-game, even though you will progress faster by putting in time and clicking lots of buttons (raiding), not spending time on those games is a viable strategy to a powerful empire as well. I don't see a similar option in Imperion.

In O-game, basically, though I could be super-active and fleet crash everything, I don't have to. All it requires of me is to log in once every few days, provided I fleet saved, and then I just spend about 10 minutes a day clicking on things. I don't even bother when I'm not doing admin work, I just let things fall as they may. I don't even log in on my days off. And nothing is really worse for wear despite such inattention. The same goes for Ikariam and eRep.

Although this same strategy could be applied to Imperion, the differential between my empire and my neighbors is too great. Rather than a viable strategy, inattentive turtling is a crippling action. I'm just not willing to commit the time. Just to be clear, this isn't about the blades, its about the game. Ya'll are great, I'm just not a fan of the game we're playing.

I think I answered your question in detail. If you want me to explain anything further, feel free to let me know. I'm putting my account into V-mode now.

captainBob wrote:
Pleasure working with you!

I know this sounds like im being sarcastic, but as long as you're leaving, go out with a bang! Butch and Sundance style!

=)

heh heh, maybe if I were younger. But that always annoyed me when people did that in other games. The whole nothing to lose so lets go pick a fight thing is fun but, having been on the receiving end, it ultimately left me feeling pretty hollow the last time I'd done it. IRL is a different story.^^
Back to top Go down
hyzary
Blade
Blade
hyzary

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 am

thank u for such a lot of details. for a little explanation why i asked, is that im started working on a similar project like travian, ikariam, imperion (and many others) and as i know those games are quite popular and its nice to hear why ppl stop playing there. u stopped playing for mostly same reasons as i (even if i still playing here & travian;) ). (and my bro, and few more friends). and this reason is time.

that was very helpull so thanks a lot again;)
Back to top Go down
Ariel Vanesse
Rapier
Rapier
Ariel Vanesse

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am

Good Bye then...

captainBob wrote:

Its easy. Just send the ships and never come back to see the report. You would send all your ships anyway, not just the military ones, recyclers and transports, even a dropship if you have one ...

Even after you leave, they will remember you for that. And so would we.
Back to top Go down
sponge
Dagger
Dagger

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:31 am

You're welcome Hyz, that's cool as shit you're one of the people who makes things that I enjoy. Good luck with that.

Goodbye 'Nessie. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better during my time here, but cest la vie. And so it goes.

'course, you guys are free to message me in the other games I mentioned. E-mail isn't a bad option either: paladin.sponge[shift+2]gmail.com

Happy gaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?   Is it just me?  Or is anyone else... bored? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just me? Or is anyone else... bored?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blades of War :: Public Area :: Chat-
Jump to: